20 Petey's Pink Plastic Shoes

Our last day in Croatia was spent relaxing at the Croatian Hotel beach. Most beaches along the Adriatic shores are large rocks. When you hear the term sandy beach in Croatia, they simply mean smaller rocks. The beaches along the Dalmatian Coast aren’t like the sandy beaches we enjoy in California. But the Croatian Hotel beach area was equipped with a diving point, a ladder and some nice underwater landing platforms. We pretended to be hobnobbing hotel guests. As long as you don’t make eye contact and tilt your head up, people pay no mind, though it took some modeling for me to convince Petey to play along. Petey took her first swim in the Adriatic. Regarding the water temperature … one man’s “Ah, Refreshing!” is another man’s, “It’s too cold!” Petey was the later man. She inched her way into the Sea one goose bump at a time. I say, “rip the Band-Aid off!” Fifteen minutes later she joined me in the sea. Petey wore her bathing-suit shorts and a fancy pair of pink plastic beach shoes. The shoes actually float. She leaned back in the water and her feet stuck in the air … cool! I wish I had a pair of pink plastic slip-ons … my feet sink when I float.

No comments:

Post a Comment