6 Yes we have No Hamburgers

For dinner, we strolled along the promenade looking for a good Italian place. Instead, we parked at a seaside café. We were early. The seaside tables weren’t open. Instead we ate under a patio by a dock. We ordered a round of hamburgers. I was in the mood for a good hamburger. “I’ll have the cheeseburger please,” I told the young waiter. He took our order and soon returned with good news and bad news. “We have no buns but another hamburger dish I can offer has better meat.” You just opened and you have no buns? And what kind of hamburger meat is better meat?

While we waited for our gourmet hamburger better meat dish, we were entertainment by a boy at the table next to us who was enthralled with the fish on his plate staring back at him. The waiter broke our amusement with a large cooked meat patty stuffed with Swiss cheese. No lettuce, no tomato, no pickle, nothing but black meat on a white plate. The side of fries worked with ketchup that came in a hefty two liter bottle. The real downside of the meal was our check. I was still wrapping my head around currency exchange and deciphering an encoded café bill was beyond my reach. We paid the waiter and as we strolled away, we realized that we were charged twice the price of our original cheeseburger order. Remember, “you get better meat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment